My Saturn collection grows...

All topics about retro consoles from the 2600 to the Dreamcast.
steve
Street Fighter

My Saturn collection grows...

Post by steve » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:11 am

I've been out of the scene for a while since I've been at college and moving pretty soon, but I'm starting to build my saturn collection I've wanted to have.
I've only got about 30 games right now but I've already got several of the more expensive/harder to find titles. All are CIB and in great shape unless noted, only a couple have a cracked case. So far I've got-
  • Albert Odyssey- I just picked this one up today as a lot with a couple other games including Shining Force CD for the Sega CD (No manual), Shining Force II for the Genesis, and a SEALED Sonic 3 and Sonic Spinball for the Genesis for just over $200. Pretty decent considering Albert Odyssey goes for ~160 in this shape on Ebay and the other games are worth a bit too. I contacted him 30 min. after the ad was posted and I was second in line to get these. He sold them to me since the other guy sounded like resellers who were just going to Ebay them to make a buck.
    Black Fire- Got it from a pawn shop a couple years back for something like $3
    Clockwork Knight- Got it about a week ago, traded a couple n64 games I got for cheap for it
    Command and Conquer- manual is coming apart
    Dark Savior- Got this by trading a few more snes/n64 games I got for cheap
    Daytona USA CCE- Had this one since back in the day, was my favourite game as a kid
    Defcon 5
    Dragon Force- Got it from a local game store a couple months back
    Galactic Attack
    Heir of Zendor- found this one at a smaller game store for $5
    Myst
    The Need for Speed
    Off-World Interceptor Extreme
    Panzer Dragoon- Had this from back in the day
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei- had this from back in the day
    Robotica
    Romance of the three kingdoms IV
    Sega Rally Championship- had this from back in the day
    Sega Worldwide soccer '97- had this from back in the day
    Shining Force III- got this at a local game store about a week ago for $120 in perfect condition. Saw a disc only copy at another store later the same day for $150...
    Edit: Damn, the cheapest copy on Ebay right now is a $300 BIN... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shining-Force-3 ... 235537a2de
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sim City 2000
    Theme Park
    TNN Motor sports hardcore 4x4
    Virtua Fighter Kids- got it for free as it happened to be inside a boxed console I bought
    Wingarms
    Wipeout
    Worms- got a couple months ago from a local game store
I've also got a few demos and the pack in virtua fighter from my original console and Nights from the box set with the 3D controller with no outer box, along with a half dozen consoles, assorted accessories, and a couple imports.

I'll be posting as I aquire more for the saturn and grow my collection.

steve
Street Fighter

Re: My Saturn collection grows...

Post by steve » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 am

I've got a lead on a local copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga from the same guy I got Albert odyssey from today that he might sell to me at some point. It won't be cheap, but it'll be cheaper than buying one from a retailer or off Ebay would be.

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:52 am

Stopped at a game store I haven't been to in over a year and picked up a few more games today, mostly cheaper games that had nice cases on them.
  • Command and Conquer (nice copy to replace my beat up one I already had)
    Ghen War
    Virtual Open Tennis
    VR Soccer
    Worms (broken case but it was pretty cheap compared to what I've seen it go for. Might resell it or maybe I'll just have two copies...)

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:36 am

A couple more cheap games-
NFL 97
World Series Baseball II

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Picked up a few accessories today, got another multitap since it was $15 (most places around here want $30+) so now I have two if I ever want to play a burned copy of bomberman. Also got a second memory cart from the same place for $30 with a dragon force sticker on it (most places want 25-30 for a 3rd party cart, 40+ for a first party). Decided to try it out and see what games it has saved on it, and all I can say is Damn... someones got good taste. It's got save files from-
  • Albert Odyssey x5
    Dark Savior
    Dragon Force x5
    Fighting Vipers
    Shining the Holy Ark x6
    Iron Storm x6
    Mystaria
    Nights X-mas
    Nights x2
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Shining Wisdom
    Tomb Raider
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Virtua Cop 2
I just wish I had all those games... :cry:

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:12 am

Got a new game today, Saturn Bomberman. Just had to have it for the multiplayer. Now I just need an excuse to try it out with 9 others.

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:18 am

Been a while since I've got any saturn stuff, I've been getting a bit of master system stuff recently off craigslist, but I did pick up a copy of Shining the Holy Ark in nice shape for $60.

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:19 am

Been a while since I updated this, I've only picked up a couple saturn titles since I last posted, but I did get another nice netlink modem complete in the box, now I just need a phone line simulator to play "Online" with them. Also got a gray model 1 japanese saturn off craigslist locally, an official US saturn keyboard brand new, and... a boxed Virtual-On twin stick! Definitely a lot nicer to play with than on the controller for that game, I need to get a second one (and another copy of the netlink version of the game) to play head to head "Online" through the netlink modem now.

AjarHeartAskewSoul
Lemming

Post by AjarHeartAskewSoul » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:04 pm

Nice collection so far, keep up the good work of remembering the classics.

steve
Street Fighter

Post by steve » Tue May 31, 2016 6:31 am

Picked up a couple of the big dollar titles a couple weeks ago, Burning Rangers for $200 and Panzer Dragoon Saga for $400. Not a bad price on either, considering what they go for on Ebay, but still a pretty big hit for only two games, and I had to drive 4 hours to meet the guy to get them (I was already driving past to see family anyway). The same guy has Megaman 8 that I might get from him next time I head out towards where he's at.