favourite SNES RPG

All topics about retro consoles from the 2600 to the Dreamcast.
Bubbles95
Lemming

favourite SNES RPG

Post by Bubbles95 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 am

well as we all know the SNES is home to some of the greatest RPGs of all time, so which one is your favourite?
Mine is Chrono Trigger, of course

Vyothric
Helicopter Pilot

Re: favourite SNES RPG

Post by Vyothric » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Depends if you count action-RPG's or not. I know some people don't like calling Zelda an RPG.

But I'm not a fan of turn-based combat so it'd either be Link to the Past or Terranigma.
Image Image
"He who Koops and runs away lives to Koop another day"

RegalSin
Button Basher

Post by RegalSin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 am

Oh Gosherutties you people are so auwsome, you got Bubbles and Robo-Koopa.
Well, their are too many RPGs, out their for the SNES, but I give a shout out for
Secret Of Evermore. It has the traditional American story telling we are all usted
from B-movies, and Mark Twain. It shows the vast differences between what a
American and Japanese person thinks about RPG. It also has so many little funny
things. In fact the game sorta reminds me of "Time Masters ( the movie about the
little dwarf Angel men ).

All that is missing from this game is an Earthbound type world, but instead we get to
explore idealistic RPG realms, which you can see being used commonly in the west.

I could always say common favorites like Chrono, Lufia, Mario, and others as well, but
SOE was a great RPG game but due to lack of understanding what an RPG was, the kids never
brought into it. My father showed me Secret Of Evermore.

Action-RPG was an invention of the Japanese. I call them all J-RPG because they are really action games, that bring the DAD world to life. In fact Mario and Sonic are also Action-RPG
as well as many other games as well.

Their are plenty of Zelda clones out their for the SNES as well as many other system, but most should be treated as original. Zelda was cool for two reasons. The original and second game was massive. Two they had the Zelda animation and Comics, and it made the Zelda world, more respectable. Then Nintendo came along and destroyed that by giving Ganon a face, and completly wasting the timeline. Zelda, right now is anybodys game, and I strongly emplore people to forget about the Nintendo series, and focus on the clones.

Of course any kid, or young adult nowadays could bitch slap nowadays, and say. Well your
Link is old, and everything is old, blah blah your not cooooll enough bs. However the reality of the issue is that, my Zelda is the real Zelda and make more damn sense, then anything recently released, by Nintendo.

I am just being honest, Nintendo has not released anything new recently. They are just rehashing everything, attempting to make a quick buck. Each year we hear a differnt excuse.

Captainstarbird
Cannon Fodder

Post by Captainstarbird » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 am

Easily Final Fantasy VI/III.
I loved that game my entire life and the story, music, gameplay, etc. always made me come back for more in different amounts each time.

NearCry
Lemming

Post by NearCry » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Action/Rpg for me is Secret of Mana, no contest. By far my most loved and played game of that genre on the SNES