video capture

Got a new mod? Need help with something? Post here.
justanotherdj
Lemming

video capture

Post by justanotherdj » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if the elgato is the best capture card to use with a retron 5?

Also what's the best way to record commentary when playing?

And lastly how would one go about capturing gameplay from an amiga 600

Captainstarbird
Cannon Fodder

Re: video capture

Post by Captainstarbird » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:29 pm

While I know very little from a friend telling me stuff about LP tools and doing it myself.
I can say that if you are a Mac user, then a an Elgato Game Capture HD and some splitters with the input cables is actually good.
And that for PC users, that a Gamebridge is very helpful.
Though, I know little about that and only go off of what I've figured out and tested that proved to work.
My YouTube page and my blog.
- StormCrow95

RegalSin
Button Basher

Re: video capture

Post by RegalSin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Well the computer gaming system that is using a Graphics Adapter or VGA, would need to come out as VGA ( or whatever it is using ) and then be recorded via X device. Usually that is RGB. You could also just say HD, but again with those Pixels your unable to capture the finest of them at all. So you would need run the Amiga program via emulator and external disk and capture inside a computer. That would be best.

For the Amiga itself, you could need a VGA to RGB, and or a device that records to file. Like imagining plugging in your computer to a recorder that saves to file........Like one of those recording devices??? That is your only safe bet, for the absolute outcome.

Any device plugged via Composite or even RGB out. Will be limited by the resolution provided. Thus imperfect image. While it might be sharp but not pixel perfect.

RetroN has standard AV output and an HDMI output for HDTV connectivity. Well there goes that answer. You could use your
AV cables and get the best picture via X recording device, or use the HDMI and get the highest resolution available. Keep in mind GBA games uses a lot of images, or pixel made images.