NES RGB

Got a new mod? Need help with something? Post here.
Vyothric
Helicopter Pilot

NES RGB

Post by Vyothric » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:06 pm

So, old chip out.

The (rather expensive) replacement:

Chip in via socket, Pins 14, 15 & 16 (RGB) on the socket are separated and wired to a THS7314 RGB amp, exacly like in the N64 RGB mod. I used an 8 pin DIN socket for the output, wired so I can use my MD1 SCART lead. Could have done this a lot tidier but I really lack patience on mods like this because I can't wait to test them out.

With this done, I now no longer have any systems that output anything lower quality than S-Video.

As re-sizing it makes it look crap, look HERE to see what it looks like on the TV. Always hard to get a perfect picture of the TV with a camera, but you get the idea.

I did add a 120pf capacitor which I read about elsewhere to get rid of a few lines that sometimes appeared on the screen. It's almost perfect now. Only tried one game that really doesn't work with it which is Total Recall - graphics are just a bit messed up (big loss right?). Metroid is the probably the best looking I've seen so far.
Image Image
"He who Koops and runs away lives to Koop another day"

RegalSin
Button Basher

Re: NES RGB

Post by RegalSin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Amaing the work you did, but I feel games are meant to be viewed as they are when they come out of the box. This is pure luxary... that is expensive.