Lemmings

All topics about DOS / old Windows games.
cononthebarber
Button Basher

Lemmings

Post by cononthebarber » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:18 pm

I was rummaging around in the attic today and stumbled across a copy of Lemmings...well thats not quite true as I don't have an attic, but oh well, you get the idea? Anyway I've spent pretty much the whole day playing it and now have had to stop before I go insane! Im stuck on a level called "there's a lot of them about" and I've tried it about 10 million times but keep failing! Argh!!!!!

Having said that...I forgot how ace a game it is :)
Do or do not...there is no try...

PerfectDoak
Site Admin

Re: Lemmings

Post by PerfectDoak » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Lemmings is great! I can totally see how you spent the whole day playing it :thumbsup:
My first lemmings experience was a 4-game PC demo that I played over and over again, and eventually got the full game from 'Santa'. I loved it. I don't think I ever got any further than about halfway through 'Taxing'.
I got a voucher for £10 off Lemmings 2 from Virgin Megastore and bugged my mum to take me into town to go and get it for ages :lol:
And when we did, it was my new favourite game. For those who never played, which the original lemmings had 12 'skills', Lemmings 2 had 120! Not all on the same level of course! You could choose 12 at a time in the 'practice' mode though, which was great fun! On the main game I completed 10 of the 12 tribes. I liked that if you got stuck on one tribe you could just move onto the next one, so you weren't as stuck as getting on Lemmings 1.
Oh No More Lemmings, didn't have, but played occasionaly on my friend's Amiga. Played some Xmas Lemmings, I think it was a demo...
Next up was Lemmings 3D, which was different, but I loved that too. I originally played it on a 386 PC which had to be booted in 'turbo' mode for it to run at the normal speed :roflmao:
Lemmings Paintball was quite an interesting one, still puzzle based but you had to shoot other team(s?) with paintballs, quite fun. There was a network mode which I really wanted to get working but never did unfortunately.
Then, years later I got Lemmings Revolution, which was based on Lemmings puzzles around a cylindrical level, it was quite good but I never really got into it.

I want to play them all now! Wonder if I can complete them now... probably not, I had much better patience/gaming endurance when I was younger!
Image Image

Currently playing:
Goldeneye (N64)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Monkey Island (PC - DOS)
Supaplex (PC - DOS)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)

Vyothric
Helicopter Pilot

Post by Vyothric » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm

^ I probably spent more time watching Lemmings that I did playing it. I always liked it, just not that much.
Image Image
"He who Koops and runs away lives to Koop another day"

Vyothric
Helicopter Pilot

Post by Vyothric » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 pm

So how is Lemmings going?

I've been thinking about playing so I can catch up and overtake you :tongue:
Image Image

cononthebarber
Button Basher

Post by cononthebarber » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Ha ha! Good luck! Im on level 29 of Mayhem :) but its stupidly difficult! I think i've figured out how to do it, its just the doing it thats proving a problem...

PerfectDoak
Site Admin

Post by PerfectDoak » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Level 7 Mayhem.
Been stuck on it for a while, but think I may have just devised the strategy on the train... now, to put it into practice..
Image Image

Currently playing:
Goldeneye (N64)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Monkey Island (PC - DOS)
Supaplex (PC - DOS)

cononthebarber
Button Basher

Post by cononthebarber » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Yesssss!!!! I did it, the last two levels were pretty tough...although level 30 was strangely easier...anyway here's a link to the "complete" screen if you want to see http://lisa.enixns.com/~awesomec/Misc/L ... plete!.jpg :)

Vyothric
Helicopter Pilot

Post by Vyothric » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Good stuff 8-)

I haven't quite managed to convince myself to play it yet, but it might still happen :P
Image Image

PerfectDoak
Site Admin

Post by PerfectDoak » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 pm

:dance:
I'm refraining from looking at the end screen because I'm nearing the end myself now :thumbsup: (and I've waited so long!)
Finally cracked level 7 yesterday and got to level 11, got a bit stuck on that then had some productive train journeys today and am on level 19 now!
Image Image

Currently playing:
Goldeneye (N64)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Monkey Island (PC - DOS)
Supaplex (PC - DOS)

PerfectDoak
Site Admin

Post by PerfectDoak » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Level 25.... :bounce: